Entering our second decade, Recipe for Success Foundation is a non-profit 501C3 charity that focuses on combating childhood obesity by changing the way our children understand, appreciate and eat their food and by educating andmobilizing the community to provide healthier diets for children, with programsthat have empowered more than 30,000 children in Houston and beyond with the knowledge and skills they need to lead healthier lives.
The Foundation works to create a culture where nutritious food is shared, appreciated, and celebrated. Through its award-winning efforts like the nationally offered Seed-to-Plate Nutrition Education™ in schools, Eat It! Food Adventures children's cookbooks, farmers marKIDS DAYS and the VegOut! 30-Day Challenge, and the Hope Farms urban agriculture project in Houston, the Foundation works to make healthy food appealing and available to everyone.
We have dozens of opportunities for you to lend a hand in Houston:
- In our school kitchen and garden classrooms during the academic year
- Year round planting, tending, harvesting and selling produce at Hope Farms in Sunnyside
- Year-round during office hours in our Museum District HQ
- Select nights and weekends for special events all over town
- In our RecipeHouse kitchen during the summertime for Summer Camp
There is something for everyone!
Although always welcome, no special cooking or gardening skills are required -- just a willingness to help.
Interested in volunteering regularly for Recipe for Success?
Attend a Volunteer Orientation and learn more about how you can help.