National Make A Difference Day is an annual community service event held on the fourth Saturday in October.
A small effort by an individual or group of individuals can create change in their local neighborhood. Make a Difference Day was established to help encourage us to take one day a year to try to make a difference in the world.
Originally created in 1992 by USA Weekend magazine, Make a Difference Day has received a great deal of support from various organizations for over two decades, and at Five Rivers MetroParks this is our big Fall volunteer event to close out the season at some of our 18 Parks,11 conservation areas, and along the trails we manage.
Thank you to this year's Make a Difference Day sponsors:
Montgomery County Environmental Services
Keep Montgomery County Beautiful
QEI Engineers Inc.
- Deep cleaning/sanitizing of shared workspaces, equipment, and hands will continue.
- Facial coverings are required indoors when a six-foot social distance cannot be maintained.
- Volunteers should feel supported in wearing a mask outdoors due to their own comfort level or vaccination status.
- Volunteers should be encouraged to monitor their own health and stay home if feeling ill.
- Volunteers who are unvaccinated and receive a positive COVID-19 test result or have close contact with someone who is unvaccinated and receives a positive COVID-19 test result should notify Five Rivers MetroParks' Volunteer Services.