The Food Bank of South Jersey is in need of volunteers to assist at our Pop-Up Pantries. Pop-Up Pantries are small mobile food pantries that operate in areas that do not have access to good nutritious food or grocery stores, Volunteers at Pop-Up Pantries assist with food distribution to community members. These pantries are scheduled throughout our 4 county service area of Salem, Burlington, Gloucester, and Camden counties.
- Volunteers must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Volunteers must be age 13 or older and 13 - 17 years must have a parent or guardian present
- Pop-Up Pantries are Rain or Shine events and are only cancelled due to extreme Heat/Cold conditions or severe weather is forecast. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Please review the distribution sites and sign up for any and all that you are interested in and are available. If you must cancel, please let us know at least 48 hours in advance.
Volunteers are the face of the Food Bank and are expected to:
- Cooperate with FBSJ staff, supervisors, co-volunteers and fellow group members
- Follow personal and food safety precautions and report any potential safety problems
- Not divulge confidential information
- Refrain from obscene, inflammatory, or harassing language
Please click the site on which you would like to volunteer to see available dates.
Thank you all for your assistance in helping the Food Bank of South Jersey get food to those in need. We couldn't do what we do without the help of all our volunteers.
Manager of Volunteer Services
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com