Halloween Class Party Checklist
Free Downloadable Class Party Checklist
Taking on the super duties of being a room parent this year? SignUp is your go-to class party destination! Check out these class party reminders below (and use the free, downloadable checklist at the bottom – simply click and print)!
Before the Party
1. Ask the teacher for start and end times.
2. Find out what party activities the teacher has in mind.
- Crafts? (Pro Tip: Package crafts into small group kits and check with the teacher on specific supplies needed.)
3. Decide on the decorations that you want.
- Halloween Tablecloth?
- Halloween-themed garland?
4. Determine what other supplies are needed for the party.
- Party prizes? (stickers, pencils, etc.)
- Plates & Napkins?
- Clean-up supplies? (paper towels, trash bags, table wipes, etc.)
5. Provide directions to parents bringing food regarding:
- School snack guidelines (store-bought, no candy, nut-free, etc.)
- Student food allergies (Pro Tip: suggest that parents use meal tags like these to avoid any allergy-related incidents)
6. Share other important information with parents like:
- Where to park
- How to check in at the school
(Pro Tip: You can add this info to your personal message when sending parents party invitations via SignUp!)
7. Use Signup.com to organize the party.
- Easily set up your SignUp to request the needed party supplies and parent volunteers
- Send party invitations to all parents
- Get notified as parents sign up to participate (and view a full participants list at any time)
- Don't worry about sending out reminders because SignUp does it for you automatically
At the Party
- Arrive 15 minutes early to find parking and set up (Pro Tip: Bring a wagon or cart to make transport of supplies easier.)
- Remind parent helpers to set phones to silent.
- Designate a parent to take photos.
- Divide the room into activity stations (craft, story, snack, etc.)
- Set silent phone alarms as reminders to rotate stations so that all kids try every station.
- Have FUN and don't sweat the small stuff – the Kids will LOVE this special day!
- End on time and don't forget to clean up so the teacher doesn't have to do it.
After the Party
- Thank parent volunteers (using SignUp.com)
- Share photos with teacher and parents
- Celebrate a job well done!